Thursday, December 24, 2009

A little bit of truth.

It's in the midst of anger that you always pull words out from deep within your thoughts into reality through your voice. Always. And whether or not you genuinely mean what you spoke is a trivial matter.

The truth of the matter is, it has been spoken.

An ounce of truth always exists in what we say.. perhaps even if it's out of spite, you did think what you did say that very moment.

Of course, reacting on emotion is a totally separate issue.

But I'm just not fond of the excuses we use. "I was angry. I don't know what I said."
Of course. Now that you're thinking rationally, you have not a clue why those thoughts even crossed your mind (or maybe you did). But when you were becoming irrational, letting the emotion, the anger take over your soul, your true thoughts and colors were flying left and right.

I love you. I really do. And I occasionally say I hate you when you make me feel like shit, when you make me more angry than I ever thought I could be. Because in that very moment I say or think it, it's true. I probably hate you so much in that mere 2 seconds with so much immeasurable passion. But that hate doesn't last forever. It probably doesn't even survive past a minute.

Perhaps not everything we say out of anger is always 100% based off of truth.. but I think somewhere in there, there's a little bit of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment