Saturday, January 16, 2010

A little bit of peace.

Today was a pretty good day, but I realized that no matter where you go, no matter who you meet, & no matter what you do.. someone is going to dislike you. :|
Er, I kind of go here for a bit of an escape because these people are so refreshingly different. It's great.The environment is light and happy.

But of course, there is still a little hatred going on even here.
I'm not involved in it, but it's still present, and I hear about "ugh, I hate her, she blahblahblah."
I do very much like her maturity in this though. How she really doesn't react irrationally when she does get insulted.

Albeit it's something I have no control over, it is surely something I could only hope would one day resolve itself. That is only wishful thinking.
I'm not sure why, but there's always just gotta be someone there to judge you, to point out a flaw, to point out something they don't particularly like about you.

And what sucks the most is that whether or not they know you.. it doesn't even matter. They could dislike me just because of the way I look or the way I dress.

I just kinda wish.. we'd stop all of this. Or maybe I wish more people would realize the harm hatred can cause.

I'm no peace activist, nor am I exactly the most zen person to say not to hate, but I've been trying my hardest to not judge anyone without personally knowing them & to not hate, even if I do judge.

Why are emotions so hard to handle?

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There's always people who'll judge and criticize others either because that's what makes them feel good about themselves or they're just surrounded by people who judge others as well. None of us is perfect, and there'll be always something wrong. But that's okay, life would not be exciting without all those imperfections.
    & people who judge without knowing you, are ignorant and don't know enough to accept people for how they look or dress. It's a sad thing.

    But it's okay. Their opinions shouldn't matter and what's important is how you see yourself, Toby :)

    hehe<3

    ReplyDelete