Friday, January 22, 2010

Taking it back.

I saw him today for the first time in a while, heading into the cafeteria for Battle of the Bands. I am still baffled as to why the moment I saw him walking down that hall, it immediately brought me back to freshman year.. like a freakish time warp or something.

I instantly thought of Cloverfield, the bus, j-rock, 4chan, and our awkward but memorable 3am conversations. It's weird to me because I haven't thought about him in forever. Well, not really think about him the way I used to. He still looked the same. I still like what he wears. He just looked a bit more foreign to me.

I guess I was just surprised that those things even came to mind when I saw him in the halls of our school. The halls we used to walk down together.

I don't miss it that much.
My heart didn't begin to explode, like it used to.

I just enjoy reminiscing.
And remembering what used to be..
good.

No comments:

Post a Comment